The wildflowers at The Pocket are very similar to last time – check out the update from 2/24. However, there were a few additions, including Trout Lily, which is just beginning to bloom.
Read on for the rest of the list, and a few more photos. Click on the photos for larger images, and then “back” to return to this page.
- While most Virginia Bluebell now have flower buds as shown above, there were a few plants with open blossoms.
- Blue Cohosh with flower buds; lots of foliage showing up.
- Hepatica blooming everywhere, probably at peak.
- Cutleaf Toothwort blooming; near peak. Below are a couple photos – a pollinator, and a closer look.
- Carolina Spring Beauties are blooming quite profusely.
- Star Chickweed continuing to increase in number.
- A few Violets. Viola blanda and Viola sororia.
- The Trailing Trillium are everywhere, but not blooming. Buds are forming.
- I saw several Toadshade Trilliums starting to push up above the ground.
- Many Bent White Trilliums with tiny little flower buds.
- Many Bloodroot are blooming.
- Spicebush is beginning to bloom.
- There was a single Bellwort that we saw blooming.
- Getting close now are the Dutchman’s Breeches. Look below to see how close.